Collaborating with the Google Tools
You can easily share a document either as a "web page" or as an editable document.
Click on the "Share" box in the upper right corner. Type in (or copy/paste from your email program) a list of email addresses.
You can also click on the "Add message" link below the email list if you want to personalize the email being sent.
The sharing features are common with all the Google documents. So, you can collaborate with others building Spreadsheets, Drawings, Forms, and Presentations.
Often this email gets caught by the person's SPAM filters so you may want to send a separate email asking them to look there for the email.
Also, the person may use a different email for Google Docs. If so, they won't be able to get access. Their email will have a link that will come back to your gmail address asking for permission to access the document.
How can this be used?
- Creating a shared agenda.
- Taking notes. Meeting notes, common notes shared by all
Getting shared feedback from a group of people.
(Use Google forms for more private feedback.)
- Room reservation page.
- Co-author any type of document.
- Budgeting - Create a common budget worksheet.
- Shared Experiences - conferences, vacations, special projects
Here are are two examples.
- A team of students had to write an algorithm and a definition what an algorithm is.
- A team of programmers designing Lincoln's Timepiece, a new software application to keep track of volunteer hours.